Multivitamins and minerals are very vital for the growth and healthy development of your children. It is important you give your children a well-rounded diet to ensure they meet the daily recommended vitamins and minerals so that they would not be at a higher risk of nutritional deficiencies as they are still growing.
Irrespective of the eating habits of your children, their meals should be supplemented with multivitamins and minerals to make sure they are getting enough nutrients for their healthy growth. The benefits of these multivitamins and minerals include the following:
- THE B-VITAMINS: Energy boost is an important requirement for kids as the play a lot. The B vitamins-B12, B3, B6 and B12 aid metabolism, energy production, healthy circulatory and nervous system. Children need to replenish their supply of B vitamins daily so as to support their energy metabolism as they enjoy their fun-filled day. Sources include meat, fish, egg. Cheese, beans chicken and milk.
- VITAMIN C: Vitamin C helps to build healthy collagen/connective tissue, skin and muscles as well as fight infections. It also helps to absorb iron from food and keeps the teeth, gum and bones healthy. Sources include citrus fruits and vegetables.
- VITAMIN D: It helps promote tooth and bone formation as well as helping the body absorb calcium. Vitamin D is manufactured by our body when we get enough direct sunlight on our skin. Sources include oily fish, egg yolk, margarine and butter.
- VITAMIN E: Vitamin E boosts immunity in children as well as promoting healthy development of the skin and eyes. Sources include Sunflower oil, margarine, seeds and nuts.
- VITAMIN K: Vitamin K helps blood clot. Sources include spinach, broccoli, beans and eggs.
- VITAMIN A: Vitamin A helps in skin, eye, and immune development and function. Sources include meat, milk, eggs, carrot, orange, liver, meat and sweet potatoes.
- CALCIUM: Calcium helps build strong bones and teeth. Sources include yoghurt, cheese, milk, sardine and green leafy vegetables.
- IODINE: Iodine is important for the normal development and growth of tissue. It also helps control the way the use oxygen and make energy. Sources include iodized salt.
- FOLIC ACID: Folic acid helps in protein absorption and formation of new blood cells and DNA. Sources include legumes, liver, leafy vegetables and cereals.
- ZINC: Zinc helps to promote growth, wound healing and boosts immune function. Sources include chicken, meat, seafood, milk and whole grain cereals.
- IRON: Iron helps to transport oxygen in the blood to the tissues as wells as building healthy red blood cells. It also ensures your muscles are working properly. Sources include liver, meat, chicken, beans, fortified breakfast cereal and egg yolks.
Other essential minerals include selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, boron, molybdenum, vanadium, choline and inositol. All these essential multivitamins and minerals are contained in EVERGREEN KIDZ which is a s careful balance of vitamins and minerals specifically designed for children between the ages of 4-12 years. It also contains a blend of fruits and veggies which ultimately promote normal growth and enhance cognitive development in children. Plus, it comes in a variety of fun shapes and characters all kids like.