Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can occur because of problems at any stage of the erection process. An erection is the result of increased blood flow into your penis often stimulated by sexual thoughts or direct physical contact with your penis. Some studies have shown that about 52% of men experience some form of ED, and that total erectile dysfunction increases from about 5 to 15% between ages 40 and 70. Though the risk of ED increases with age, it is becoming common for young men to experience ED.
Although ED does not directly cause infertility in men or affect important sperm parameters, it can affect the chances of conceiving a child by inhibiting one’s ability to maintain an erection in order to perform sexual intercourse and successfully fertilize an egg.
Before we get right into this subject matter, it would be right to accurately simplify what erectile dysfunction is.
So then, what is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is the inability of a man to get or keep an erection. Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man has problems achieving or maintaining an erection. Another term used to describe erectile dysfunction in men is impotence (which is now used less often). Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is capable of affecting any man’s self-esteem, which can also lead to a decline in sexual life and relationship.
It is quite normal to have slight issues with getting or maintaining an erection sometimes but when this persists, then, it becomes bothersome.
How common is erectile dysfunction in men?
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem in men. The prevalence of erectile dysfunction is not known with certainty. Some studies report that about 30% of men have erectile dysfunction, while other studies report a prevalence of about 18%. It affects about 30 million men in the United States.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by many things, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
What Are The Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Before going to see your health care provider, you may have erectile dysfunction if you have the following symptoms:
- difficulty getting an erection
- difficulty maintaining an erection
- decreased sexual desire
- lack of orgasm,
- ejaculation difficulties.
What are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Now that the symptoms are revealed and you have checked whether or not you have the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, you also need to find out what the causes of Erectile Dysfunction are.
For a man to get aroused, there are several factors responsible for it. The brain coordinates the entire process, the hormones that flow in the blood, the nerves that innervate the penis and other muscular tissues, and the blood vessels that convey the blood and the muscles; they all have a part to play in the complex process — erection.
Anything that could affect any of these components could be a cause of erectile dysfunction.
The causes of erectile dysfunction are categorized as either physical or psychological. Sometimes erectile dysfunction is caused by either of them, while in some other cases, it could be caused by a combination of both causes.
These physical causes have to do more with the presence of some underlying health conditions which results in erectile dysfunction in men. There are several conditions which could be responsible for impotence in men but the following listed below are the most common causes.
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Drug abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone
Psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Unlike the physical causes, the psychological causes of erectile dysfunction deal more with the mental state of the man. The mental state is a factor that affects erectile dysfunction. It’s not just about physical health.
Research has shown that the mental state of an individual at any particular time can affect the ability to get an erection. Many people with erectile dysfunction have been found to have anxiety or depression, which can lead to this condition.
One study found that people who have experienced childhood trauma are more likely to have erectile dysfunction in adulthood. So it’s important for men and their partners to be aware of the state of their mental health, as it may impact their sexual health as well.
The following are some of the conditions that may result in erectile dysfunction in a man.
- Relationship problems
If left untreated, erectile dysfunction could result in:
- Poor sex life
- Stress or anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- The inability to get your partner pregnant
Natural Ways To Correct Erectile Dysfunction
There are many naturally proven ways to correct erectile dysfunction and here are some of them:
– Regular Exercise: Exercise increases blood flow around the body, which would inadvertently extend to the penis. This makes it easier for you to get an erection. The best exercises for this purpose are those that work your pelvic muscles such as Kegel exercises.
– Lose weight: Being overweight has been shown to have a negative effect on erections. Losing weight can help you achieve a better erection and improve other aspects of your overall health.
– Quit smoking: Smoking also has also been shown to negatively affect erections, so quitting might help you achieve better erections and improve other aspects of your sexual experience.
– Quit caffeine: Caffeine has a stimulant effect and can cause temporary decreases in sexual arousal, performance, and satisfaction.
– Quit alcohol: Alcohol is a depressant, which can cause reduced sexual arousal, performance, and satisfaction.
– Eating Healthy Foods: Eating right is a necessity to ensure that you lose the extra pounds and some particular foods could be helpful to resolve erectile dysfunction. Some of them are Watermelon, Spinach and other Leafy Greens, Dark Chocolate, Salmon, Pistachios, Almonds, Walnuts, Other Nuts, Oranges, Blueberries etc.
–Take EVERGREEN POTENT FOR MEN: Taking natural supplements like Evergreen Potent for Men is a good way to correct erectile dysfunction. It is a natural supplement, with little or no side effects, formulated to help men with erectile dysfunction. Its ingredients have been proven to help achieve firmer and long-lasting erections, increase sexual desire and help delay ejaculation.