The awesome benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and child cannot be over-emphasized. Breast milk is nature’s perfect baby meal. It contains immunity-boosting anti-bodies and healthy enzymes. It provides optimal nutrition for babies. It has the right amount of nutrients; it is easily digested and readily available as well. Breastfeeding should be initiated soon after the birth of your child for maximum benefits and it should be maintained exclusively for six months until weaning is initiated. The benefits of breastfeeding for mother and child include the following:
- Healthy baby: Breast milk contains the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that help a child grow and become healthy. It improves cognitive development as well and makes the baby less prone to infection and diseases.
- BONDING: Breast feeding fosters intimacy and bonding between mother and child.
- SAVES TIME AND MONEY: It is easier and cheaper to breastfeed a child than to formula-feed. The breast is always ready at the right temperature and at the time the baby wants it.
- SMARTER BABY: Because breastfeeding helps with more emotional bonding moments and brain development than formula feeding, a child who is well breastfed is likely to be smarter than the child who wasn’t.
- POST-PARTUM HEALING: Oxytocin hormone released when you breastfeed baby, helps your uterus contract to its normal size faster compared to when you don’t breastfeed. It reduces post-partum blood loss as well.
- HELPS YOU LOOSE PREGNANCY WEIGHT: Nursing mothers tend to lose weight easily in a healthy way as breast milk production burns about 300 to 500 calories a day.
- A FORM OF BIRTH-CONTROL: As hormone prolactin is released during breastfeeding, menstruation and ovulation are paused.
- PREVENTS OBESITY IN BABIES: Studies have been able to show that breastfeeding promotes healthy weight gain and prevents obesity compared to formular-fed babies.
- REDUCES THE RISK OF DISEASES: Mothers who breastfeed reduce their risk of pre- and post-menopausal cancer as well as high blood pressure, arthritis, high blood fats, heart disease and type 2 diabetes according to research and studies.
- REDUCES RISK OF POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION: Studies have been able to show that women who breastfeed their babies are at lower risk of post-partum depression than those who did not.
In conclusion, breast milk is the best nutrition for your child as it contains the essential nutrients for your child’s growth and development. Are you a breastfeeding mother? You should go for supplements like Evergreen natal care. It contains the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals in the right formulation for you.