- Washing your vagina. The vagina has a natural way of cleaning itself and keeping safe from infections and bacteria by maintaining a certain amount of moisture in the vagina and a pH level of 3.8 to 4.5. When you use soaps or any harsh chemicals which are not meant for your vagina, then you are causing an imbalance in the vagina area, which might turn into infections and continuous irritation so it is best to clean your privates with clean plain water, preferably lukewarm. Avoid perfumed soaps, gels, and antiseptics as these can affect the normal pH and healthy balance of bacteria in the vagina thus causing irritation. You can use plain, unperfumed soaps to wash the area around the vagina (the vulva) gently every day.
- Cleaning – when cleaning the vagina, wipe from front to back (vagina to anus) and not vice-versa. This is to avoid dragging harmful bacteria from the anus to the vagina and cause infection. Dry yourself completely with toilet paper or soft cloth after using the toilet.
- Cotton underwear – When it comes to your underwear selection, your vagina has a preference: COTTON. That’s why most female undies come with a strip of cotton in the crotch. Cotton is breathable, making it an ideal fabric selection for the vagina. Avoid wearing nylon underwear. They trap heat and moisture, providing an ideal breeding environment for micro-organisms.
- Don’t overuse antibiotics – Do not use antibiotics unless it was prescribed to you by your doctor. Indiscriminate use of
antibiotics antibiotics can destroy bacteria that protect the vagina or alter the balance of bacteria that are normally present. A vaginal yeast infection may occur during or after the use of antibiotics taken to treat other conditions. These antibiotics can reduce your body’s natural bacterial flora, which has antifungal properties, giving more space for fungi like candida to grow. If you suspect that you have an infection, contact your doctor.
- Manage vaginal dryness properly – Emollients such as petroleum jelly are not designed for vaginas. While it is great for cracked/rough lips or skin, it is not so great for the vagina. Instead, look for options that are specifically designed for sexual intercourse, and if you’re trying to conceive, use Pre-seed Lubricant which is specifically made for couples ready to conceive.
5 WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR VAGINA
You May Also Like
Carrot-Top Drugs Limited is a household name for couples trying for a baby. The company is built on a tripod of hard work, transparency, and commitment to our numerous customers.
Visit Our Office
103 Lagos St, Ebute Metta 101212, Lagos