- Cervical Stenosis – Stenosis means “narrowing”. Cervical stenosis is a condition in which the cervix narrows or completely closes off, hindering or blocking the passage between the uterus and the vaginal canal. If the cervical opening is blocked or narrower than it should be, sperm would be unable to travel up to the fallopian tubes to fertilize the egg.
- Cervical Incompetence – This is also called Cervical insufficiency. It can be caused by physical injury to the cervix during a difficult childbirth or in some cases, during an abortion procedure done using a procedure called D&C (Dilation and Curettage). Cervical Incompetence can lead to late miscarriage or preterm birth.
- Shortened Cervical length: The main cause of short cervix is cervical insufficiency. During pregnancy, the cervix might shorten too soon and could increase the risk of premature labor.
- Poor quality cervical mucus: Adequate fertile cervical mucus is important for sperm to travel easily through the female reproductive tract. In most women, the cervix naturally produces its own fertile mucus especially during the ovulation period. If this does not happen, the sperm may have a hard time swimming towards the cervix on the way to fertilization.
- A woman who has incompetent cervix is likely to experience recurring miscarriages, but the doctor can do a cervical cerclage or a cervical stitch to prevent or reduce the risk of a miscarriage.
- Women with poor quality cervical mucus are advised to get EVERGREEN CM which is a dietary supplement recommended to boost the body’s natural production of fertile mucus for easy conception.
Have you been trying to conceive without any luck, leave a comment or call 08173658113. Also, you can send a message on our Facebook or Instagram.